-- Crystallisation Lab --
1) Why do we add salt to the ice?
- Adding salt lowers the freezing temperature of water and wintry ingredients. Therefore, as ice melts - it lowers the temperature and make the ingredients freeze.
2) Why do we add the cookies and other things, only after the milk has frozen slightly
- If we add the cookies and other toppings, it would likely to slow down the freezing of the ice.
3) What are two factors that affect the freezing you think?
- When we shake the ice and scrape the ice bag to make the ingredients freeze.
- Furthermore salt and sugar may affect the factors of freezing.
4) Why do you need a bit of air in the bag?